Hygiene is one of the essential factors in today’s society. And we have access to cleaning products to clean our bodies thoroughly. One should always keep in mind that is clean and hygienic reduce health risks. Another thing about keeping ourselves clean is avoiding body odor. We sweat every day, due to the weather or our natural movements. This sweating leads to body odor, especially for people who do not bathe thoroughly. One may be comfortable with their body odor. But for some people, it may be an annoying stench. There are many ways on how we can reduce body odor. Thus, we can prevent it by bathing thoroughly. Or have some home remedies for body odor. One can use chemical products, but it has health risks especially in the long run.
Causes of Body Odor
There are many causes of body odor. It may come from the weather, a person’s body type, gender and what we eat. Generally, males are more prone to body odor — especially those who work hard or when they are exposed to heat. The sweat of a male person has more stench than female. And another factor to consider is personal hygiene. If one takes care of their body by cleaning it thoroughly during baths, thorough cleaning of the body may reduce the risk of body odor.
In some cases, body odor can also be an effect of one’s diet. People who eat different herbs and spices tend to have a stronger scent than others. Some specific foods and drinks give a distinct smell in our sweat, such as alcohol, onions, curry and many more.
Home Remedies For Body Odor: Look In Your Pantry
There are many home remedies available in your homes. Kitchen supplies and other products can be used to clean your body naturally. And there are many kitchen ingredients and supplies that you can see in your pantry. Try looking for these ingredients as they may reduce body odor.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda alters the pH level of the skin. It is one of the common ingredients in making deodorants.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Applying apple cider vinegar before taking a bath kills bacteria. Advised to use before taking showers, it has a strong and offensive smell as well.
- Cornstarch Powder – Cornstarch can be applied to the armpit and act as a cooling ingredient. It is also hypoallergenic making it safe to use on the body.
- Rubbing Alcohol -Rubbing alcohol can be rubbed in the body to moisturize and cool it. Reducing the body’s temperature and reducing sweat as well
Foods To Eat
Another cause of body odor is the food we eat and our daily diet. People who eat lots of herbs and spices tend to have a stronger body smell. Thus, this is also true for red meat. Red meat mostly gets our sweat smelly. Eating the right food can significantly improve one’s body smell. Drinking a lot of water is also an effective way to reduce body odor. Here are foods and drinks to consume to reduce body odor.
- White meat fish – Eating white meat fish reduces one’s red meat consumption.
- Citrus fruits – Citrus fruits such as orange and lemons reduce our musky smell in our sweat.
- Vegetables – Eating vegetables are great for our metabolism. It also reduces our smell due to the reduction of red meat protein.
- Tea – Drinking tea is a great way to keep our musky sweat from getting smelly.
Today, we have access to lots of ingredients, and there are no excuses for us to be smelly and dirty. One’s hygiene should be valued, as being clean can significantly improve our health. It also reduces the risk of people getting turned off by smelling bad. Therefore, there are many ways to avoid body odor or getting smelly. One can generally take care of body odor by cleaning themselves thoroughly. Keeping the body fit by exercising and proper diet is also suitable for body smell. As keeping fit also means that your sweat is clean and replaced continuously.